Imprint


Tonight as I was browsing through the NYTimes art section I thought about the people who have had a significant impact on my artwork and my willingness to pursue art making as a career of some sort. The first person who really helped me to develop my art into a more thoughtful and meaningful pursuit was my printmaking Professor Phyllis McGibbon. I remember halfway through my intro to printmaking semester I realized the satisfaction that comes from communicating some part of yourself through the work you create. And I've continued to be motivated by the A- she gave me in the class, with the instructions that I could do a little more. Art making can be such an arbitrary and open-ended process, one in which I often err on the side of brevity, that I've tried to evaluate my work in terms of her admonition to take it one step further.

0 comments:

Post a Comment