Night of many quotes

My favorite quote from church today came from Henry Eyring's talk about facing tragedy, I was really moved when he said that we never need to feel alone or unloved when we are in the Lord's service (ie serving our fellow men) because we never are.

And on a totally different note I love this quote from a talk that Dries Van Noten gave at the French Institute Alliance Française last night.  He said, “I’m more inspired by things which I don’t like ... nothing is so boring as something beautiful. I prefer ugly things, I prefer things which are surprising ... You force yourself to ask yourself questions. Quite often I make a collection and I say, ‘Here’s a color I really don’t like.’ ... My assistants will say 'Okay, you don’t like lilac,' [that means] this season will be lilac. It’s like you see a color, and you think, Why don’t I like this color? Maybe the composition is wrong, maybe the lighting is wrong — it would be beautiful in silk, but not the synthetic fabric ... That for me is the fun."

0 comments:

Post a Comment