Details details

My step mom Marcela has been so wonderful to us since we arrived in Houston, helping out with the kiddos and arriving with dinner for us on her birthday when the boys ended up being sick for the hundredth time since we've arrived. I decided that I needed to find a nice gift to express our appreciation and decided on a book of photographs of Carlo Scarpa's architecture. I have a small book about his work that I purchased during my semester abroad and I treasure it. My book is in black and white and when the new book arrived for Marcela I was amazed at how much color added to the interest and detail in his work. I love the seemingly simple geometry's he utilized and how thoughtfully and minutely executed they are, every small crevice in his designs are artistically considered.





0 comments:

Post a Comment