Señor Macho Solo

In honor of Jack White's upcoming solo album here is an interview with him from a few years ago. I found out about the White Stripes in probably the most uncool way possible, by listening to NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. Gross was interviewing Loretta Lynn about her album Van Leer Rose, which Jack produced and sang on. I went out and bought the album, my first country album i believe, and I really loved it.  Anywho I was intrigued about why the lead singer of a Detroit rock band would go produce an album for an older country singer, so I bought my first White Stripes album, Elephant and have been a fan ever since. And as a final random aside I just found out that the female motocross championship is called the Loretta Lynn and is held on a track on her property, pretty awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment