Cheesy Read









Let the inspiration begin! This is day one of my month-long project to find/record/share at least one thing per day that inspires me. What better way to start things off than with a little cheese. Today I finished up 'Cheesemonger: Life on the Wedge' a great intro to shopping for cheese in the US slash autobiography of a former punk turned cheesemonger working at a co-op in San Francisco. Gordon Edgar does a great job demystifying 'artisan' cheese while simultaneously describing his own genuine love of cheese. The book is filled with hilarious stories from his day to day work as a cheesemonger and helpful tips for the middle-american cheese consumer such as myself. My favorite tip has to be comparing the rind of cheese to a ramen flavor packet where he advises "mixing in to taste."

0 comments:

Post a Comment